Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Impressions of F**k the big C!


signing my pieces upon arrival at the eve-N-odd gallery, 9/7


NBC Daytime TV interview autocue, Gallerist Jennifer Kosharek and I were interviewed 9/8


NBC interviews F**K the Big C from William Evertson on Vimeo.



show at eve-N-odd


my pieces on the wall
Branka Djordjevic and Betty Esperanza's pieces on the wall


showtime!



opening night, at the end already .... I'm sitting next to the donations jar, for the postcard donations of the mini F**k the big C! mail art call I attached to this show. We raised $200 on opening night. Thank You all Participating Artists!

Raffi Darrow, volunteer at My Hope Chest and Alisa Savoretti, founder of My Hope Chest and me, in front of my pieces at the show. For each sold print, I will donate $40 to this NPO, focusing on funding Breast Reconstruction surgery for uninsured breast cancer survivors. They are the ONLY national organization providing this "final step in breast cancer treatment"Many Thanks go to my Seeking Kali collaborator and friend William Evertson for printing, preparing the prints, shipping, traveling to the show, hanging the show, assisting in every thinkable way, documenting and all his and his wife Karen's support!! I could not have done it without Bill! Love You Both!Press:
-daytimeonline.tv: Telling Cancer Where To Go
-St.Petersburg Times: defiant Art: F the big C by Lennie Bennett, 9/8.
-Creative Loafing, F**k the big C!
-All Events in St. Petersburg, F**k the big C!
-
The Tampa Bay Newspapers: Beacon, Leader, Bee, Just 4 Women by Lee Clark Zumpe, September 2011.


This is a section out of the Tampa Bay Newspapers: Beacon, Leader, Bee.


- The Island Reporter, October 2011 issue, p. 9 and p. 21.

-On eve-N-odd's blog 'Ria Vanden Eynde and My Hope Chest'.

-On Bill Evertson's blog: 'Post F**k Cancer'.

-On Caroline's Breast Cancer Blog: 'Creatively Coping'.

Purchase one of my pieces here and help me fund a reconstruction for a breast cancer survivor via My Hope Chest!

3 comments:

William Evertson said...

Thank you Ria for your tireless activism and creative output. It was a joy and pleasure to document this exhibit featuring you, Branka and Betty. All of you are remarkable and inspirational women.

John's Brain said...

I'm glad you've said what so many of us feel, but somehow feel constrained to actually say in "polite society". You've reminded me that cancer is anything but "polite" and that sometimes imploite-ness is absolutely called for in order to raise $$$ to fight a heinous disease.

Ria Vanden Eynde said...

Thank you John! All Best to you!