Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Inner Landscape #14-The Path

digital print, study for a painting. Big, probably ;)

5 years ago today I had my left breast amputated. For some reason, this year more than the previous cancerversaries, I'm actively reminiscing the events leading up to the surgeries. The events that so radically changed my body and my life.

But look :) in the photo, where the tree branches are getting entangled and you can't see which is which anymore, where the darkness is most intense, that's where the brightest light is ....

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Ria, This is beautiful. So beautiful.

Congratulations - is that what one says? Well done?! :-) This Friday is my one year anniversary. And, coincidentally, it was my left breast as well. My left breast - sounds like a movie title! ;-)

Thank you for this beautiful gift. If it's ok with you, I'd like to feature it on my site. Let me know!

Cynthia

Ria Vanden Eynde said...

Hi Cynthia! Sure you can share it, no problem.
Thanks for the congrats!:) I hope you're okay too.

Cynthia said...

Thanks, Ria!

It will be up on my site tomorrow.

So far, so good. :-)